Friday 12 June 2009

Carrying on with the Pop art theme I manipulated some images and carbon papered some to colour in wax crayon. I did this because I wanted to play around with different textures and effects.

A close-up of the pencil self portrait.

I tried to do my own version of Angelina Jolie on the left in pencil crayons and oil pastilles. I was looking at pop art. Mainly Warhol, Lichtenstein and Blake. On the right I decided to try to accurately draw my own face referring to the photo in the bottom corner.
As I feel I needed the practice. I like the result better this time around.



This was the very first time I'd ever used inks, i wanted to experiment with other media that I was not familiar with. I used wax crayons, biro and inks. I like the left side better than the right because it turned out better.


The drawing on the left side was done referring back to the image in the top left hand corner.
I used oil pastilles and watercolour paints, it was done before my main in acrylic.
And on the right i used a computer to manipulate images of myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment